Police arrest woman who forced daughter into prostitution (Updated)
Mon, Oct 9, 2017
- Next Gen
- Going Viral: Is It True?
- Balan-ced Views
- Just Johor
- Let's Get Real
- This N That
- On My Mark
- Beyond The Wall
- Citizen Nades
- CR Talk
- Inside Write
- Know Your Rights
- Law Speak
- Local Counsel
- Just Different
- Making Sens
- My View
- Off The Cuff
- On The O ther Hand
- Policy Matters
- The A to Z of English
- TheSun Says
- Wildlife Matters
- Property Archive
- Post Grad
- Media & Marketing
- Photo Gallery
- Photo Wall
MIRI: Police have arrested a 30-year-old woman who had allegedly conspired with a karaoke centre operator to force her daughter into prostitution.
Sarawak Criminal Investigation Department (CID) chief SAC Datuk Dev Kumar said the matter came to light after the 14-year-old victim c onfessed about her problem to a village head recently.
"The victim, who works at the karaoke centre, claimed she was forced by her mother and the karaoke operator to have sex with an unidentified man.
"Investigators realised that her mother was in financial trouble and forced the victim to follow the unidentified man to a hotel in April this year to pay off her debts.
"The victim also claimed that she saw the man paying RM1,000 to the karaoke operator for a deal," Dev Kumar told theSun.
The victim alleged she was then raped three times by the man in a hotel.
"The victim kept the matter to herself for almost six month before revealing it to a village head who subsequently lodged a police report at Lawas district police headquarters at 10.55am today," he said.
Dev Kumar added police then picked up the victim's mother along Jalan Liaw Kim Liu in Lawas at 2.15pm today.
Moments later, police arre sted the karaoke operator at a shop in Jalan Matussin in Lawas.
Police are in the midst of identifying the man who had raped the victim and the case is being investigated under Section 376 of the Penal Code for rape and Section 43(1)(a) and (d) of the Child Act 2001.
Both suspects are expected to be produced at the Lawas district office for a remand order tomorrow.
- School teacher arrested for allegedly raping 14-year-old student
- 14-year-old boy detained in illegal gambling raid
- Miri city cyber gambling culprits face police onslaught
- 10 Facebook owners in Sarawak nabbed for inapt postings
- Sarawak police nab 34 suspects involved in illegal gambling
thesundaily_my Sentifi Top 10 talked about stocks
- Arriba Catalonia! Others EVERY people has the god-given right to mismanage their ow n affairs â" Margolis Law #3 I'...
- Reverse decline in English Off The Cuff MALAYSIANS once stood tall in the Commonwealth for their proficiency in English but sadly...
- Stop the nonsense: Give Klopp time Inside Write SHANKLY. Ferguson. Clough. Say the names again, place them in any order. For those three...
- Appointment raises questions Making Sens ALTHOUGH Singapore President Halimah Yacob is the first female and the second Malay (...
- The Vietnam nightmare â" again Others MUCH of America, including yours truly, has been watching the Public Broadcasting Service...
- Bahasa Jiwa Bangsa - 60 years later My View WITH the close of a successful 9th Asean Para Games we can safely conclude that the...