Netizen 24 MYS: MACC questions 12 over Penang undersea tunnel project

By On January 11, 2018

MACC questions 12 over Penang undersea tunnel project

PETALING JAYA: The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) has recorded statements from 12 witnesses in the ongoing probe on the controversial Penang undersea tunnel project.

Officers from the State Treasury Department, State Economic Planning Unit, Penang Public Works Department (JKR), the state Land and Mines office and a director of a company were questioned on Thursday.

MACC deputy chief commissioner Datuk Seri Azam Baki has hinted at more arrests following fresh information and evidence that has been obtained.

Meanwhile, sources familiar with the investigations said a team of anti-graft officers went to the Penang Land and Mines office to take away more documents.

Investigators are said to be looking through the papers related to the agreement contact of the feasibility study for the undersea tunnel.

"The agreement looks suspicious and the feasibility st udy for the mega project does not exceed RM305mil as announced by the state government.

"The state government might have made a payment which is way different than the real value of the study," sources said, adding that the main issues being looked at now were the land swaps stated in the agreement, how it was carried out and whether it was according to procedure.

The Star reported that the graft-busters were zooming in on the land swaps of two plots of land in Bandar Tanjung Pinang.

The sources also said that the reclaimed land for the land swaps was of high value for development.

Two high-ranking bosses of development and construction companies had been remanded in connection with the case.

Related story:

‘Datuks’ remanded in tunnel probe

Rela ted NewsSource: Google News

Next
« Prev Post
Previous
Next Post »