Guan Eng: Using one photo to implicate me is ridiculous
Sun, Mar 11, 2018
- Next Gen
- Going Viral: Is It True?
- Balan-ced Views
- Just Johor
- Let's Get Real
- This N That
- On My Mark
- Beyond The Wall
- Citizen Nades
- CR Talk
- Inside Write
- Know Your Rights
- Law Speak
- Local Counsel
- Just Different
- Making Sens
- My View
- Off The Cuff
- On The Other Hand
- Policy Matters
- The A to Z of English
- TheSun Says
- Wildlife Matters
- Property Archive
- Post Grad
- Media & Marketing
- Photo Gallery
- Photo Wall
GEORGE TOWN: Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng today described the attempt to smear his reputation by relying on one photograph of him with a businessman as ridiculous and disgusting.
The businesman in question was implicated in receiving a RM19 million bribe to close the probe on the RM6.3 billion Penang undersea tunnel project.
In a statement, Lim said that as a public figure he has taken many photographs with many personalities, and can't recall how many times or where each and every photograph was taken.
"Does taking a photo turns one a buddy or one who is close to BN into a DAP supporter?" he asked.
He also slammed several newspapers for saying that the businessman is a friend of his, hence connecting Lim with receiving the alleged RM19 million.
Lim pointed out that he has also been in photographs with Goh Chun Lai, the wealthy but bankrupt businessman who is closely associated with 1MDB, but no one has implicated him in that scandal.
"Using the latest BN perverse logic, does this mean that the Penang CM is a buddy of Goh Chun Lai and connected to 1MDB too?" he asked.
Lim added that he has instructed his lawyers to study the legal implications of the BN media spinning these photos, including some Chinese newspapers, for running him and the Penang state government down.
He said despite the repeated challenges towards BN and the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC ) to prove its allegations that Penang state government leaders received millions of ringgit from Zenith Consortium group and those granted the Penang undersea tunnel and three main highways project, BN has failed miserably to prove their lies.
He said it was also shocking that the amount paid was actually not to Penang leaders, but to those who are said to be closely connected to top BN ministers.
"This is another classic case of innocent parties, who are clean, being made the scapegoat for culprits closely connected to BN, who got RM22 million," he added.
- Lim rebuts Najib's latest criticisms of tunnel project
- Penang undersea tunnel probe: Datuk Seri released on RM150,000 bail
- Datuk Seri remanded for six days in Penang undersea tunnel probe
- Datuk Seri remanded six days over undersea t unnel probe (Updated)
- Penang undersea tunnel probe: Datuk released on RM370,000 bail
thesundaily_my Sentifi Top 10 talked about stocks
- Corruption - Prevention is the key Off The Cuff THE mood among the top management of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) was...
- Putin trumps Trump Others IN December, 2002, President George W. Bush proclaimed the US would unilaterally pull out...
- Reds have belief, Devils have a bus Inside Write HE wouldn't, would he? Park the bus at Old Trafford? He would, you know. He's done it...
- Nation above all else My View I AM not an avid theatre-goer. The last time I was in Istana Budaya for this purpose was...
- The incivility in Malaysian politics Making Sens RECENTLY, blogger Raja Petra Kamarudin claimed Malaysia's richest billionaire, Robert...
- A desperate knock at our door Freespace GLOBAL warming, also known as climate change, is an issue we've thrown around for decades...