Suspects who harassed women to breaking point nabbed (Video)
Wed, Mar 14, 2018
- Next Gen
- Going Viral: Is It True?
- Balan-ced Views
- Just Johor
- Let's Get Real
- This N That
- On My Mark
- Beyond The Wall
- Citizen Nades
- CR Talk
- Inside Write
- Know Your Rights
- Law Speak
- Local Counsel
- Just Different
- Making Sens
- My View
- Off The Cuff
- On The Other H and
- Policy Matters
- The A to Z of English
- TheSun Says
- Wildlife Matters
- Property Archive
- Post Grad
- Media & Marketing
- Photo Gallery
- Photo Wall
KUALA LUMPUR: Police have arrested three men involving a case where a woman, who alleged that a policeman had treated her indifferently when she tried to seek protection at a police station here on Monday after she was harassed by a motorist.
City police chief Commissioner Datuk Seri Mazlan Lazim said the three locals in their early 20's were arrested subsequently after the entrepreneur took her plight to social media yesterday by posting two videos of herself detailing her encounter with the drive r of another vehicle and a sentry policeman at the Alam Damai police station.
"There could be a misunderstanding here. We have initiated an internal investigations and will speak to all those involved to get a clearer picture of the incident.
"The police understood that the woman was in distress and tried to get more information for her. However, the woman left before the police could gather more information from her.
"She should not have felt threatened as she was already in the grounds of police station," Mazlan told reporters at the Alam Damai police station here last night.
He added security protocols required sentries to assess the situation if it was late at night.
The victim made a report at 3pm yesterday.
The case will be investigated under Section 506 of the Penal Code for criminal intimidation.
"We will also investigate the claims made in the viral video," Mazlan stressed.
The woman in a video shared on her Facebook page, claimed she was on her way home after picking her son up at 10pm when she noticed a group of men following her in a car.
She appeared to be in distress and claimed that the car had followed her all the way to her housing area and even attempted to block her.
Fearing for her own safety, she drove to a police station in Cheras and repeatedly honked when she was near the police station.
She claimed that a policeman on guard outside refused to let her into the station's compound, and was allegedly rude and ogling her legs.
Below is a video of the incident:
- Woman in distress claims police denied her protection
- (Video) 7-day remand for foreigner who h eld woman hostage
- (Video) Man holds woman hostage in Kota Kinabalu
- (Video) Woman slaps man who grabs her bum on escalator
- 'Policeman' who abducted teenage girl nabbed
thesundaily_my Sentifi Top 10 talked about stocks
- The rocky road we travel Freespace MANY people view roads as a metaphor for journeys or even for life. But if the roads in...
- Cycling agenda needs work Local Counsel OVER the past few decades, as the world became rapidly urbanised, cars have been the main...
- Jose wins battle but Klopp can still win war Inside Write THE humble pie has been eaten, but there's still a smattering of egg on the face. Credit...
- The Malaysian in us OnPointe IT is an interesting time to be a Malaysian of Indian origin. According to a message I...
- Public transport ideas must make sense On The Other Hand WITH the launch of Pakatan Harapan's manifesto, there seems to be a disconnect between...
- Corruption - Prevention is the key Off The Cuff THE mood among the top management of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) was...