Bangladeshi wounded in molotov attack in Kota Damansara
Tue, Sep 5, 2017
- Next Gen
- Going Viral: Is It True?
- Balan-ced Views
- Just Johor
- Let's Get Real
- This N That
- On My Mark
- Beyond The Wall
- Citizen Nades
- CR Talk
- Inside Write
- Know Your Rights
- Law Speak
- Local Counsel
- Just Different
- Making Sens
- My View
- Off The Cuff
- On The Other Hand
- Policy Matters
- The A to Z of English
- TheSun Says
- Wildlife Matters
- Property Archive
- Post Grad
- Media & Marketing
- Photo Gallery
- Photo Wall
PETALING JAYA: A Bangladeshi waiter of a cafe was badly wounded after being hit by a molotov cocktail that was hurled by an unknown assailant at Kota Damansara today.
The waiter, said to be in his 30s, suffered burns on his head and hands.
Police do not believe the motive was an act of terrorism but related to business.
Petaling Jaya police chief ACP Mohd Zani Che Din said witnesses told police that two men had arrived in a black Audi at about 4.15pm before one of them stepped out of the car.
He said the attacker was seen carrying three bottles and as he approached the cafe on Jalan PJU5/1, the man lit up a molotov cocktail and flung it into the premises.
He said the victim who was standing at the entrance of the place was hit by the molotov cocktail causing him to sustain burns.
Mohd Zani said other staff of the cafe on seeing the attack gave chase but the assailant managed to jump into his getaway vehicle before speeding off.
He said police believe the motive of the attack is business-related and investigators are obtaining recordings of close circuit security cameras installed in the area for clues to identify the culprits.
It is learnt that the assailant had attempted to light up a second molotov cocktail but ended up dropping it at the scene during his escape.
Police urged those with information on the case to assist police in their investigations.
- Cops arrest Kuala Muda police station Molotov cocktail attackers
- Molotov cocktail thrown at FAP office
- Farmer on rampage attacks policemen with grasscutter
- London attackers had Molotov cocktails, tried to hire truck
- Football Association of Penang office hit with molotov cocktail
thesundaily_my Sentifi Top 10 talked about stocks
- Closing of window means race is wide open Inside Write SO, who did win the transfer window then? Anyone expecting a last-minute trolley dash may...
- Listen to those âor elsesâ Others "When elephants battle, ants get crushed". â" Old Chinese saying: THINK of the crisis on... < /li>
- Keep nationâs goals in sight Others WHILE it is commendable that the five principles of the Rukun Negara were recited at the...
- Ideas of freedom Egalitaria OVER the last four years, I am proud to have been part of a young, dynamic team of people...
- Technological change and social disruption Others HUMANITY is witnessing another great disruption. The creative destruction is linked to...
- Rakyatâs will be done My View TOMORROW we will be 60 years as a nation. As we approach this auspicious event it is...