Umno must continue to attract members loyal to the struggle: Annuar Musa
Wed, Dec 6, 2017
- Next Gen
- Going Viral: Is It True?
- Balan-ced Views
- Just Johor
- Let's Get Real
- This N That
- On My Mark
- Beyond The Wall
- Citizen Nades
- CR Talk
- Inside Write
- Know Your Rights
- Law Speak
- Local Counsel
- Just Different
- Making Sens
- My View
- Off The Cuff
- On The Other Hand
- Policy Matters
- The A to Z of English
- TheSun Says
- Wildlife Matters
- Property Archive
- Post Grad
- Media & Marketing
- Photo Gallery
- Photo Wall
KUALA LUMPUR: If Umno can continue to attract huge number of members into the party and get them to remain loyal to its leadership, it will be hard for other parties to challenge Umno at the top of Malaysia's political scene.
Party information chief Tan Sri Annuar Musa said these were among four important elements that would ensure Umno remains strong and continues to be the rakyat's number one choice of party, especially among the Malays.
He said the party should also always be smart in addressing perceptions, as well as have strong machinery if it intended to remain relevant.
"I call on all Umno members to base our loyalty on the spirit of our struggle, and not simply based on materials. To be a strong party, we must be steadfast in providing our loyalty to our leaders and our struggles.
"For example, I was Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad's strong supporter then, but when he left the party and attacked Umno, I decided not to follow his footsteps anymore.
"He has done a lot for me, and I love him, but the reality is I love Umno's struggle more," he said during the Information and Media Convention 2.0 at the Umno general assembly, here today.
- PAS has deviated from its political struggle: Guan Eng
- Umn o's 5P principles for victory in next GE
- Secularism may continue to influence Pakatan Harapan - Annuar
- Wanita Umno's important role in GE14
- Avoid opposition's brittle formula: Annuar
thesundaily_my Sentifi Top 10 talked about stocks
- Enforce parking rules sensibly Local Counsel RECENTLY in Penang Island, a car was clamped by a local council officer after a woman...
- Not a good idea to whack UiTM On The Other Hand A LITTLE disclosure first â" I lived in Shah Alam for 30 years. From kindergarten to...
- Has Pogba cost Devils the title? Inside Write WHEN Alex Ferguson left the Ma nchester United hot seat he wondered if another generation...
- Donât wait for trade deals Policy Matters The secretary-general of the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (Miti), Datuk...
- Prostitution â" an unfair gender-biased crime Making Sens RECENTLY, prostitution hogged the headlines in Jakarta and in Johor Baru. Despite...
- Santa arrives early in Sabah My View LAST week many "good" things descended on the Land Below the Wind. Universiti Malaysia.. .