Najib says Opposition wants ECRL project to fail
Kedah BN launches GE14 manifesto
KUALA LUMPUR, April 20 â" Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak is determined not to let the Opposition thwart Barisan Nasionalâs (BN) plans to develop the East Coast states and prospering the people there and Malaysia as a whole.
Najib said the East Coast Rail Line (ECRL) project had brought many benefits to the states and the country because it provided employment opportunities for the locals and raised property value in the areas involved.
âIn fact, we have projected that the GDP (Gross Domestic Product) of the East Coast states will increase by 1.5 per cent,â he said in his latest posting on NajibRazak.com today.
Najib said it was baffling that the Opposition had been very adamant in opposing the ECRL project and wanted to see that the peopleâs infrastructure project fail despite the benefits it brought to the region.
He said apart from threatening to stop the project should they come into power, the Opposition also tried to confuse and incite hatred among the people by twisting facts over the construction of the ECRL.
âThey also said the project was a waste and unnecessary for the people when they too realised that the ECRL could bridge the development gap in the East Coast and bring many benefits to the people,â he said.
Najib also questioned whether former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad was still not satisfied even after 22 years of abandoning, sid elining and hurting the people in the East Coast especially in Kelantan.
âI am not going to allow the people in the East Coast to go back to the dark age under the leadership of Dr Mahathir! InsyaAllah (God willing), we will complete the ECRL and ensure that the East Coast is progressive in tandem with the country's development if we continue to be given the mandate,â he added. â" Bernama
- Kedah BN launches GE14 manifesto
- MCA has served Chinese community well, says Khaled
- Anifah says will continue to fight for Sabah rights if renominated as GE14 candidate
- Former EC chairman slated for Kota Lama state seat
- Liow: MCAâs Wong You Fong is BNâs candidate for Perling
- BN govt concerned about peopleâs needs, says Dr Subramaniam
- Azminâs aide may contest in Gombak Setiaâ¦ hereâs why the Selangor state seat matters
- EC: GE14 postal votes must reach returning officers before 5pm on May 9
- Rosmah advises GE14 candidates to campaign with political maturity
- A rose by any other name: Penang rep hands out perfume to voters
Loading...Source: Google News