284 boxes of handbags, 72 bags of cash seized after raid on residence linked to Najib
Fri, May 18, 2018
- Next Gen
- Going Viral: Is It True?
- Balan-ced Views
- Just Johor
- Let's Get Real
- This N That
- On My Mark
- Beyond The Wall
- Citizen Nades
- CR Talk
- Inside Write
- Know Your Rights
- Law Speak
- Local Counsel
- Just Different
- Making Sens
- My View
- Off The Cuff
- OnPoint e
- On The Other Hand
- Policy Matters
- The A to Z of English
- TheSun Says
- Wildlife Matters
- Property Archive
- Post Grad
- Media & Marketing
- Photo Gallery
- Photo Wall
KUALA LUMPUR: The Bukit Aman Commercial CID unit concluded the search at Pavillion Residences which is one of the residences linked to former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Abdul Razak.
The search resulted in the seizure of 284 boxes of handbags, 72 bags of cash in various denominations, which also contained watches and jewellery.
Federal CCID director Comm issioner Datuk Seri Amar Singh, who was overseeing the search and seizure said the raid conducted at Pavilion Residences was one of six properties that is allegedly linked to Najib and 1MDB.
"We have seized 280 over bags of various sizes. In these bags, there were various types of jewellery and cash of various currencies including US dollars," he told members of the press who were gathered at the scene since 11pm.
Amar said the branded bags such as Hermes, Birkin and Louis Vuitton were among the items seixed.
He added that due to the vast amount of items seized and with currencies of different denominations, it was impossible to tabulate the value of the items at the moment.
"This search operation will continue but we have finished with this particular place. Our enforcement has been working tirelessly for two days on this investigation," he added.
Amar stressed that the Federal CCID are solely focusing their probe on 1MDB and n o particular individuals.
"The apartment is not owned by Najib but by another Tan Sri. It is not important for me to reveal who is the owner for the three units checked here, but we believe we are heading to the right direction with our investigations," he said.
Meanwhile, Amar said the special police team had also seized documents linked with 1MDB at the Prime Minister's Office (PMO) on Wednesday.
Earlier, personnel from the Bukit Aman Commercial CID unit led by its director arrived at Pavillion Residences in several patrol cars at 7.40pm.
Before the press conference, Amar also supervised Five Black Maria which were seen entering the loading bay, believed to facilitate the transportation of the seized items.
Below are videos of police loading the items seized on to the Black Maria:
thesundaily_my Sent ifi Top 10 talked about stocks
- Conte on Chelsea to surprise Inside Write IT helps that they don't like each other. The Special One and the Unappreciated One's...
- The fall of the corrupt Egalitaria IN Ayi Kwei Armah's book, The Beautyful Ones are Not Yet Born, the protagonist is a civil...
- The yin-yang of political change Making Sens FOR philosophical reasons, my favourite design is the yin-yang symbol. Two "co mmas"...
- Taiwan can help meet health-for-all targets Others THE World Health Organisation (WHO) has urged member states to achieve universal health...
- Rule of law must apply to all financial scandals Others IT IS gratifying to see the speed in which the 1MDB investigation is being conducted and...
- The pen is mightier ...? My View HOW is it that marking "X" against a symbol on a ballot led to an avalanche of change...