Netizen 24 MYS: Jamal Yunos: My disappearance was all a misunderstanding

By On May 26, 2018

Jamal Yunos: My disappearance was all a misunderstanding

PETALING JAYA: Red Shirts leader Datuk Seri Jamal Md Yunos (pic) has claimed that his disappearance was all a misunderstanding.

The Sungai Besar Umno division chief released an audio recording on WhatsApp at around 1.50am on Sunday(May 27) claiming that he did not intentionally escape police custody.

“I thought I could leave because my remand order was over and that my bail had been granted. I did not realise that I had to sign some documents before the bail could be finalised,” he said in the recording.

He added that he had left the Ampang Puteri Specialist Hospital around 3 .15pm on Friday to go to Tabung Haji so that he could withdraw cash to settle his bail payment.

“I left in a hurry because I was afraid that it might close before I got there,” he said.

Jamal added that he only realised later that he was wanted by police.

“I am resting now due to my health condition and I will cooperate fully with the police soon,” he said.

The Red Shirts leader was under police remand at the Ampang Puteri Specialist Hospital's premium ward, where he was undergoing treatment for back pain when he escaped from police custody on May 25.

The 48-year-old was charged earlier that day under Section 290 of the Penal Code with breaking bottles of alcohol in public to protest the Better Beer Festival 2017.

The offence carries a fine of RM400.

According to the charge sheet, Jamal is said to have broken a number of alcohol bottles using a hammer, causing danger and public distress.

He is said to have committe d the offence at the exit gate of Pos (1) Darul Ehsan State Government Secretaries building (Bangunan SUK Darul Ehsan) at 10.15am on Oct 5, 2017.

He pleaded not guilty in the premium ward in front of magistrate Raja Noor Adilla Raja Mahyaldin.

The court granted bail of RM3,000 in one surety and set June 8 for mention at the Shah Alam magistrate's court.

Selangor CID chief Senior Asst Comm Fadzil Ahmat said: "However, before the bail was processed, he went missing."

On Tuesday (May 22), Jamal was arrested at about 1.15pm at the hospital over investigations into a case under Section 34 of the Firearms Act 1960.

Related NewsSource: Google News

« Prev Post
Next Post »