Netizen 24 MYS: Immigration chops MyEG, two other firms

By On June 01, 2018

Immigration chops MyEG, two other firms

Rehiring programme for foreign workers to end, contracts of three service companies terminated to follow suit, says director-general.

MyEG, Iman Resources and Bukti Megah had been criticised for doing what Immigration could have done itself. (Bernama pic)

PETALING JAYA: The Immigration Department is ending its controversial contracts with three companies that provided services for the rehiring of undocumented foreign workers, following a decision to end the rehiring programme.

The three companies are MyEG Services Sdn Bhd, Iman Resources Sdn Bhd and Bukti Megah Sdn Bhd. Their contracts will expire at the end of the month, Immigration Department director-general Mustafar Ali was quoted as saying.

Home Minister Muhyiddin Yassin had announced yesterday that the re-hiring programme would end on June 30 as scheduled.

The contracts to the three companies had come under fire in the past for providing a monopoly over the processing of applications from undocumented foreign workers, with criticism aimed at the department for farming out work it could have carried out itself.

The companies were also believed to have been linked to Umno personalities.

Muhyiddin said yesterday that 744,942 migrant workers had been registered and rehired by 83,919 employers so far.

This evening, he accompanied an Immigration raid on foreign workers in the popular Petaling Street area. The papers of a total of 330 migrant workers were checked and 170 were subsequently arrested for various offences.

Jamal and Musa can’t escape the law, says Muhyiddin

Muhyiddin also expressed regret about the negligence which had led to the disappearance of Umno Sungai Besar leader Jamal Yunos, who is wanted for questioning on five criminal matters.

†œNegligence has happened and I cannot allow it to happen in future,” Muhyiddin said.

Former Sabah chief minister Musa Aman is also being sought for questioning by Sabah police on a separate matter. He and Jamal are believed to have gone abroad.

Muhyiddin warned both men that they could not escape the law. “It is best for them to surrender themselves as the police will take appropriate action under the law. It doesn’t matter who they are. The law will catch up with them,” he said.

Immigration says no records of Musa, Jamal leaving country

We’ll wait for Musa to come home, says Sabah police chief

Malaysia seeks Indonesia’s help in hunt for Jamal

Source: Google News

Next
« Prev Post
Previous
Next Post »